Worcester County Math League > Study Materials >
Suggested Study Books
Unless otherwise marked, these links point you to Amazon.com (which has the nice side-effect that by hovering over the link, you should see a picture of the book).
- The Art and Craft of Problem Solving, by Paul Zeitz
- The Art of Problem Solving, Volume 1: the Basics, by Sandor Lehoczky and Richard Rusczyk (via AOPS website)
- The Art of Problem Solving, Volume 2: and Beyond, by Sandor Lehoczky and Richard Rusczyk (via AOPS website)
- How to Solve It: A New Aspect of Mathematical Method, by George Polya
- How to Solve Mathematical Problems, by Wayne Wickelgren
- Solving Mathematical Problems: A Personal Perspective, by Terence Tao
- Thinking Mathematically, by John Mason, Leone Burton, and Kaye Stacey
- Problem Solving Through Recreational Mathematics, by Bonnie Averbach and Orin Chein
- Problem-Solving Strategies, by Arthur Engel
- Mathematical Miniatures, by Svetoslav Savchev and Titu Andreescu
- Challenging Mathematical Problems With Elementary Solutions, Vol. 2: Problems from Various Branches of Mathematics, by Akiva Yaglom and Isaac Yaglom
Back to the Worcester County Math League homepage...